There are moments that happen too quickly to take a picture. This was one of those moments.
Normally all you see on a highway are cars. Especially since it is Black Friday and people are out everywhere. This was not one of those times. We pull out of the Home depot parking lot onto Route 1, and at first it seems like the normal traffic. Out of the corner of my eye I see a man walking something up the road. At first I looked and thought, “That is the weirdest looking dog I have ever seen!” Then once we got closer I noticed that the animal the man was walking was a goat. My boyfriend and I just looked at each other in disbelief. Neither of us have ever seen anyone walk a goat, let alone walk one down the side of a highway.
I am still in shock by what I saw. But if you ever decide to walk your goat, don’t do it on a highway. It’s really not the best idea. The goat doesn’t like it and it just causes traffic. On the other hand, it really makes people’s day seeing something out of the ordinary like that. I know my friends got a kick out of hearing about it!
What’s the weirdest thing you’ve seen while driving down the street?
Eat, drink, watch football, sleep, eat, drink, repeat…
While I am distracted on the day before Thanksgiving I thought I would share this adorable picture with you. I don’t know about you, but this is exactly how I feel about Thanksgiving. Love all the yummy food!
It’s that time of year where it is finally acceptable to put my Christmas lights up. I’m not worried about what people would think about what time of year I put my lights up. It is just so much easier to find what I need in case something breaks. And that was the case this year.
I moved to a new apartment a couple of months ago, so I’m still looking for some things that got lost in the move. I thought I knew exactly where I packed the hooks to hang the lights (I really should have checked sooner, because I couldn’t have been more wrong). After digging through the baskets under the coffee table I had no idea where else they could be. Luckily, a week ago I found the hooks while I was searching for my winter gloves (I still haven’t found those though). Once i got back from work I was ecstatic to finally be able to hang these lights. I should have known to make sure the lights still worked before I got excited. I ran and grabbed the hooks and lights and set everything up. I plugged the lights in, expecting this bright and colorful display, and nothing happened. After spending 15 minutes checking every single light, and feeling increasingly defeated, I realized they didn’t work anymore.
That Saturday I bought more lights at Target while on a shopping trip. Even though I had plans that night I was determined to finally hang the lights up. I got home, put everything away, and for a second time got everything ready to put up the lights. For a second time I was disappointed when I realized I had forgotten the bag in the car. By this time I had to leave so I decided to wait until Sunday.
Before I ate breakfast Sunday morning I set off to hang up my lights. What I thought would only take around 20 minutes to finish took an entire hour. I always knew my ceilings were high. What I didn’t realize was that even on the top step of the step stool, on my tip toes, I still can only reach a couple of inches below the ceiling. After a lot of stretching, and hoping I wouldn’t slip and fall face first into the wall, my Christmas lights were finally hung!
The holiday doormat is decorating the hallway, the lights are giving glowing color to the living room, and the eggnog is in the fridge. I’ll say It’s a good start to the Christmas season!
As I mentioned yesterday, last night I went into Boston to see Elton John perform. It was as amazing as I had hoped it would be! The only bad part was that I couldn’t get a decent picture to save my life. He stepped out on stage, in his sequin suit, and a sea of cell phones illuminated the Garden. The amount of energy he had throughout the entire performance still astonishes me. My fingers hurt just watching him play, and he didn’t take many breaks the entire 2 1/2 hours he was on the stage.
New music was something I did not expect to hear. So when I heard music from the new album, “The Diving Board”, I was shocked and excited. The show ended with my four favorite songs: “Saturday Night’s Alright”, “Your Song”, “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down on Me”, and “Crocodile Rock”. I loved the whole show but I would have been content just hearing those songs live.
The group 2 Cellos opened up with a couple of songs before they played with Elton John. They played “Smooth Criminal” and I was immediately hooked. Apparently their video for it went viral years ago. Somehow, I never heard of them until last night. They are worth checking out. Cute men that are extremely talented musicians: What more could you want?
I found this article, and it just explains the concert perfectly. I’ve wanted to see Elton John since I was a little girl. It was the sparkly perfection I had always dreamed of!
For my first post I thought that I would tell you a little about myself:
- I love most kinds of music. I’m seeing Elton John tonight, and I just found out that Cher is going on tour, so I’m beyond excited! I also recently had floor tickets to see Blink 182. There’s nothing like seeing one of your favorite bands up close and personal!
- I get really excited about Christmas. Even though it isn’t even Thanksgiving yet there are Christmas lights in my living room already and a holiday doormat. More will be added to the collection soon.
- I really want to have an Australian Shepherd and a Pit Bull. I have had really good experiences with both breeds and I adore them. Plus, how can you resist how adorable they are?
- I also really want a Maine Coon cat. They are just too cute!
- I’m not sure if I could ever move away from the Boston area. I love the city too much. If I could afford to move to Boston I would in a heartbeat.
- I grew up around music and theater, and it just happened that musical theater is my favorite. Rent is my absolute favorite show and I got to see it on Broadway (Luckily before it stopped running). I’ve also seen Hairspray, Chicago, Les Miserables, Grease, and Mama Mia. They weren’t all on Broadway, but they were all amazing 🙂
- When I was younger I wanted to grow up to be a Rockette. I stopped taking dance classes once I got to college. I miss it every day. But doing Zumba makes up for it. It’s a killer leg workout.
- I just recently started doing yoga again. I love how relaxed and calm I feel afterwards. I’m hoping to one day be strong enough to do those crazy yoga poses.
- I’m not a fan of most reality TV shows, but there are a couple that I just can’t help but watch. When I was younger Kendra was my favorite person on The Girls Next Door, so when she got her own spin-off show I had to watch it. The other two shows I watch are Keeping Up With the Kardashians and Snooki & Jwoww. With each show I watched one episode to see how i felt about it, and by the end I was hooked.
- I watch HGTV and imagine what kind of house I would build if money was no obstacle. On a more realistic note, I watch the design shows and get ideas on how to decorate my apartment.
That is all I have time to mention about myself today. It’s almost time to get ready for the concert (it was distracting me the whole time I was writing this). But if you keep coming back there will surely be more for you to find out!